Skip to main content

Washboard Blues

My favourite saying of late
Is that I wanna cry.

The world has been crumbling around
The people
The state of affairs
The disbelief.

I say the words
Jokingly
But there's a piece of me
That would kindly accept
A tear...
Or two.

There have been more days
Than less
That I could use a reset button.

I would start it all again,
There are times where I regret
Everything.

If I wanted to live with no regrets
I probably could have done more
I probably could have said more
I should have meant more.

Morbidity
Mortality
Time...
All things weighing me down.

There's this sudden end
It's coming soon
Sooner for some
Not soon enough for others
But it's coming.

If I was to go right now
Away
Gone
Left it all behind...
I don't want anyone to think of me
After the fact.

I don't think many will
Some might
A passing glance
Something to do
But I'll be gone
Somewhere more
To where I'm supposed to be.

Africa
Asia
Europe
Or Beyond.

I haven't quite decided
Yet
But I will.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello there.. You may now submit your blog to our newly created PR 3 Blog Directory.. Have a nice day! Keyworddir.info
Anonymous said…
Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!
Anonymous said…
hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Popular posts from this blog

Snowy Interval

Our winter is right around the corner And the thought takes me back To when we found ourselves Last time around In the coldest of days. Even in those harshest of elements In the coldest of all the months I couldn't feel the chill Because between your smile and your words They were the best of days. And just like the unpredictable Alberta weather The storms rolled in I tried to stand my ground Withstand the worst of what it could throw Until I found the peace to know the storm was me. The summer months were devastating The air was dry The sun was unrelenting It was a record year But the chill in the empty hole was all I knew. The leaves have been falling awhile The mind wanders when unchecked Smelling the weather changing Has the heart reeling For another one of those great snowy intervals.

Not Yet

I'm trying to resist It shouldn't really happen I don't even know for sure. It's a good thing Not knowing keeps me from falling Too far from too much.