Skip to main content

Back to Back Nights

I'm back to this
Last night didn't work
I was still awake to partially awake for hours.

How could I not think about you
And you
And me?

Where does all this time go?
Why is it wasted?
Where I am supposed to go now?

I'm going to try and sleep again
My mind makes no promises
Despite being convinced I'm getting stronger.

Last night's thought process will be a little bit different
Probably not by much
But enough that I probably won't see 2am.

I want to convince myself
That either of you shouldn't be here
One is definitely easier than the other.

I'm still reflecting
Even in the middle of this piece
It's distracting.

My heart bleeds a bit
Some for you
Mostly for me when I awake from my daydream.

My skin is breaking out in stress
My eyelid follows suit with it's twitching
Suprised my hair isn't falling out.

Comments

Dr. Fong said…
I love the idea of your blog and that header image is wonderful. I have a really hard time reading it because of the colors. Some of the text doesn;t even show up. Changing this would help people like me enjoy it more. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Washboard Blues

My favourite saying of late Is that I wanna cry. The world has been crumbling around The people The state of affairs The disbelief. I say the words Jokingly But there's a piece of me That would kindly accept A tear... Or two. There have been more days Than less That I could use a reset button. I would start it all again, There are times where I regret Everything. If I wanted to live with no regrets I probably could have done more I probably could have said more I should have meant more. Morbidity Mortality Time... All things weighing me down. There's this sudden end It's coming soon Sooner for some Not soon enough for others But it's coming. If I was to go right now Away Gone Left it all behind... I don't want anyone to think of me After the fact. I don't think many will Some might A passing glance Something to do But I'll be gone Somewhere more To where I'm supposed to be. Africa Asia Europe Or Beyond. I haven't quite decided Yet But I will.

Snowy Interval

Our winter is right around the corner And the thought takes me back To when we found ourselves Last time around In the coldest of days. Even in those harshest of elements In the coldest of all the months I couldn't feel the chill Because between your smile and your words They were the best of days. And just like the unpredictable Alberta weather The storms rolled in I tried to stand my ground Withstand the worst of what it could throw Until I found the peace to know the storm was me. The summer months were devastating The air was dry The sun was unrelenting It was a record year But the chill in the empty hole was all I knew. The leaves have been falling awhile The mind wanders when unchecked Smelling the weather changing Has the heart reeling For another one of those great snowy intervals.

Not Yet

I'm trying to resist It shouldn't really happen I don't even know for sure. It's a good thing Not knowing keeps me from falling Too far from too much.